you see this icon, the document you are about to open is in Adobe Acrobat's "Portable Document Format"
To open and print "PDF" files, you need to install the PDF Reader, available FREE from Adobe. If you don't already have it, please click on this icon:
Educators - Schools
- Word searches, crossword puzzles and fun quizzes. Learn about earthquakes for kids.
Earthquake Kids Zone »
- The USGS provides puzzles and games including informational links for kids 7 to 18 years old.
Earthquakes for Kids »
- Play online educational games with Sparky the fire dog. Explore fire trucks and fire engines and find the “Kids Only” section. For ages 6-11+
Sparky Games »
- FEMA for kids is for children 8-18. Not just games but history, maps and quizzes. Spend hours learning about what you should do and how to help your parents in a disaster.
For Kids »
- Send an e-card to friends and family.
Sparky Cards »
- A coloring book that you and your parents can work on together.
Ages 3-10 yrs - Coloring Book »
- Masters of Disaster Educator's Kit contains lessons, activities, and demonstrations on disaster-related topics that youth serving organizations can incorporate into daily or thematic programming. The curriculum is non-sequential, allowing organizers to choose the lesson plans that best fit into their programming. The Masters of Disaster curriculum materials meet national educational standards and are specifically tailored for lower elementary (K–2), upper elementary (3–5), middle school (6–8) classes, and high school (9–12) for Facing Fear and In the Aftermath only.
Activity books 4-7 yrs & 8-11 yrs »
- Learn how to stay safe during home fires, winter storms and earthquakes with disaster Dog, Ready Rabbit, and Cool Cat. For ages 3-8 years old.
Ages 5-8yrs - Workbook »
- Is my school prepared? See what the recommended supply lists for schools are then try and help build your schools cache.
Emergency Supplies for Schools »
- Need earthquake materials for your classroom project? Get free download access and supplies here.
Earthquakes for Teachers »
- What do you have to help the school and students? Get school planners, training ideas and have access to links covering preparedness through coping with tragedy.
School Preparedness »
- Do you know how to help children cope? Download “Helping Children Cope with Disaster” a 12 page publication from FEMA.
Children Cope with Disaster »
- This is a one page tip sheet to help prepare infants through school age children in an earthquake.
Tips for Preparing Children »
- Are you a school Administrator or Faculty? Plan ahead by printing this checklist to help further protect our children.
Checklist for Schools »
- Need more on earthquakes for teachers? Through FEMA you can download these publications or send away for copies in advance.
Earthquake Publications »
- Do you need something to help meet your schools disaster preparedness goals? Download this 9 page PDF and implement it in your school.
Be Ready »
- I’m still looking for additional resources? Get podcasts, photos, and videos from the USGS. Let this site inspire their minds.
Science Education »
- Do you teach k-12? Get free classroom materials from PGE about gas and electricity. Find out where it comes from and how to conserve.
Free Info »
- Looking for “Master of Disaster” curriculum? Get awareness information, what to tell children and how to prepare for a disaster.
Master of Disaster Grades K-8 »